ADVANTAGES OF WATCHING THE WHALES AT PENÍNSULA VALDÉS (SOUTH ATLANTIC)
- Long Season: 6 months of the year – mid-June to mid-December*-
- Largest Concentration in the World: An average of 1,100 whales come to these shallow, tranquil waters in any given season.
- Size: Southern Right Whales are among the largest species in the world.
- On the way to other popular tourist destinations in Patagonia: Península Valdés is on the way to El Calafate, Ushuaia, Esquel, Bariloche, Villa La Angostura, La Pampa and Chilean Patagonia (Further information on following pages)
* During the months of July and August we are in the heart of the winter season but in this Atlantic region temperatures don't fall as low as those found below parallel of latitude 46° South, or in Patagonian mountain range areas. Even snow is very rare here.
During these two months you will find:
- Temperatures between an average minimum of 0.9° C (33.6° F) and an average maximum of 14.2° C (57.6° F).
- An especially transparent sea